Jody Vaughan, Esq.
Principal attorney of Pendleton Law, LLC Jody Vaughan has been appearing in and litigating criminal cases since 1987 as both a prosecutor and private practice attorney. Ms. Vaughan has tried over 300 trials, ranging from simple misdemeanors to murder, since being admitted to the Oregon State Bar Association in 1984. She has dedicated her career to ensuring that the rights of those she defends are protected, regardless of their charges. Ms. Vaughan is known for her strategic approach that shapes each case differently and creatively. She is an expert in search and seizure law, traffic stops, and challenging search warrants.
Ms. Vaughan entered private practice in 2016 to offer her skills and expertise to a wider range of people in the Eastern Oregon area. She believes every person deserves stellar representation at every point in the criminal justice system. If you are in need of aggressive, experienced and dependable criminal defense, Jody Vaughan is the natural choice.
We Encourage You to Keep in Mind the Following, When Selecting a Defense Attorney:
- Experience — Ms. Vaughan has 30 years of experience as a prosecutor, so she can identify weakness in the prosecution’s case.
- Extensive knowledge about cases just like yours.
- Relationships within the Criminal Justice System.
- Courtroom experience backed by over 30 years practicing law.
- Expertise in a wide variety of criminal cases with positive case outcomes.
- Skill set to persuade the prosecution, judge or jury.
- Ms. Vaughan will start with a free 30 minute confidential consultation.
- We will meet with clients in jail.
- Willamette University, College of Law — J.D., 1984
- Oregon State University — B.A. in American Studies, 1982
Admissions & Memberships
- Oregon State Bar Association — Member, 1984 – Present
- Josephine/Jackson Local Professional Responsibility Committee — Chairman, 1994-1996
- Josephine/Jackson Local Professional Responsibility Committee — Member, 1992-1994
- Governor’s Advisory Committee on DUII — Member, 2008 – 2011, 2012 – 2016
- Governor’s Advisory Committee on DUII — Vice-Chair, 2012 — 2016
- State Police Implied Consent Committee — Member, 2003-2010
- DUII Multidisciplinary Training Task Force — Member, 1997 – 2016
- DUII Group Advocate of the Year — Member, 2006
- DUII Prosecutor of the Year, 1997
- Oregon Narcotics Enforcement Team of the Year — Member, 1997
- Willamette University, College of Law — Dean’s List, 1982
Amber Gilbert, Legal Assistant
Amber Gilbert spent 12 years with the District Attorney’s office. While there she worked in various roles assisting attorneys with many different kinds of cases ranging from violations to murder. Amber has extensive knowledge about the way our local criminal justice system works and has developed an extensive network of relationships within that system. She joined our team in March of 2017. She looks forward to working with you.
In addition to our principal attorney Jody Vaughan and legal assistant Amber Gilbert, Pendleton Law, LLC also retains an in-house private investigator to better serve our clients’ needs.